Thursday, June 12, 2008

Best Job Ever!!



















I have the best job! Today I had the great fortune to go on a field trip with Ryan and his class while helping out with the kids and getting paid for it!! I left my class of two year olds in good hands this morning and began the two hour van/bus drive to Safari Park in Natural Bridge. We had several parents go along so my group of kids I was responsible for was only three--Ryan being one of them. We went on a wagon ride through the Safari Park while the various animals came to the wagon to eat out of the buckets of food that we were given. We saw camels, emus, zebras, donkeys, elk, buffalo, tigers, deer, giraffe and a host of other safari animals. Seeing them up that close and eating out of my hand was a trill for the me as well as the kids. Ryan was a little skiddish of the larger animals, but jumped in there and fed the smaller ones. He did feed the larger animals, while still keeping his "safe" distance. I highly recommend a family visit! I plan to take Lydia, Emily and Mike later in the summer. It made our zoo trip pale in comparision.

No comments: