Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kids are so funny!

Last night I sat with my three children while we watched the timeless classic, "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." My brother, Paul and I used to watch this every Halloween without fail! I popped popcorn and all three of them were soaked in to the Halloween festivities that were going on in the program.
This evening, on the way home, Lydia and Emily (on our way to pick up Ryan) were talking to each other about what was going to happen over the next two days. They were talking about the Halloween party they are going to have at school tomorrow and the fun time they are hoping to have while they trick-or-treat on Friday night. I heard Emily saying "We are going to get candy, cookies . . . rocks."
Rocks? I thought. Why would she be saying rocks? Then it dawned on me, Charlie Brown always gets rocks when he goes trick-or-treating.
"Are you guys going to get rocks when you go trick-or-treating?"
"Yes!" they both chimed.
Too funny!!

No comments: