Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Skating at Skatetown . . . oh no wait a minute . . . Funky's

The week of Spring Break, our center had a lot of extra kids that are normally attending public schools, but their parents needed care for them during the spring break week. Ryan was included in this total. This more than doubled the size of Ms. Rabia's class for the week. As a result, she decided to do some fun stuff for the kids on a couple of the days. Funky's Skate Zone hosted a Christian skate on Tuesday of that week. Funky's is a roller skating rink in Harrisonburg. When I was a kid, it was called Skatetown and I have a hard time calling anything other than that. With our center being a faith based center, this Christian Skate was a great idea! Each child brought a dollar for their skate rental and packed their lunch for the day. With the whole teaching kids thing I do during the day, I was not able to go on the fieldtrip, but managed to steal some pictures from Rabia of Ryan having the best time!! He continues to ask, regularly, "Can we go skating today/tomorrow?" He loved it!! I love the picture of him hiking his pants up. I can only imagine he and Caleb are saying "Man these are old skates!!!"--I think I wore the exact same ones when I skated there as a kid:)

1 comment:

The Liebers said...

Who's that "special" kids in the helmet!?!? Oh, wait! She's mine!!
BTW, I love your new background!