Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lydia's creepy snacks

Since Ryan's first week of Kindergarten we have realized that snack time is a VERY important part of the day at McGaheysville Elementary School. Last year and this year we receive calendars each month with the names of the children on given days for them to bring snack in to share with the class. Each child gets one day per month. Snacks always need to be nutritious and yummy. Typically I send in goldfish crackers, granola bars, bananas, etc. For the month of October I have decided to celebrate my favorite holiday--Halloween!

Lydia's snack day is tomorrow and Emily's is next Wednesday. For Lydia, we decided to make creepy popcorn hands. I imagined them a lot cuter than they turned out, but the kids had a lot fun helping to make them!! Thought I would display our finished product. A special thanks to Sarah Kesner for getting us those gloves!

Ryan filling his hand with popcorn

Emily and Lydia filling their gloves with popcorn. They had some trouble putting the candy corns in the fingernails so Ryan and I did that part.





No comments: