Saturday, December 19, 2009

Most snow since 1996!!

Yesterday it started snowing about 5:00 and is still snowing now, 24 hours later. The snow has not been a normal snow for our part of the world. We have not seen this much snow since about 1996. Everyone seems pretty excited about it, but I would really just like it to go away! The kids went out today and TRIED to play in it. Lydia and Emily kept getting stuck and I had to pull them out of the snow. Guess when you are only 3 feet tall, 16 inches of snow is probably pretty overpowering! :)

We went out at about 11:00 this morning so I feel certain there is more snow out there now since it has not stopped snowing!! UGGH!!!
"I am drowning!" Lydia kept saying with a laugh!
Emily . . . Just about waist deep :)Ryan going up the steps of the deck. Amazing he could even find the steps!
Here is Emily stuck in the snow. I made her wait while I got the camera before I helped her up.Sliding is really fun when the sliding board is covered with snow!

Ryan was jumping off the picnic table and landing in the snow. Emily decided to do the same :) Lydia did it once, but I had to hold her hand. She did not care for it.

Made some snow cream when we came in. I did not have any vanilla so we used coca instead. Vanilla is definately better, but chocolate worked in a pinch.
Lydia eating the snow while waiting to put more in the bowl. She and Emily LOVED eating the snow! Emily ate it so much outside that it made her chin hurt from being so cold. :)

1 comment:

The Liebers said...

FUN! Henry did NOT enjoy the snow at all! Frances didn't mind. She and I walked around the block with our sled. We have never tried snow cream. I guess I should look that up and give it a try.