Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I have Ziplock Power!!

Today, at our center, we served the kids bagged lunches instead of the normal lunch on a plate. They were all so excited with the change!! Many of the older kids were excited to have "chips instead of vegetables!" My two year old class was so excited! In their lunch bags they had a sandwich, chips and apple slices. So much excitement!!

I required the kids in my class to eat their sandwich before they were allowed to eat a lot of their chips. After I had helped one little guy in my class open all his bags 'o lunch, he began munching on the chips. His sandwich was just sitting there and I told him to eat his sandwich. When he didn't I zipped his ziplock bag of chips shut, telling him he could not have anymore until he ate some sandwich (I really am mean!! :)). As a result, he tried and tried to open that bag and could not do it. So, he began to cry. As a last resort, he gave up and ate his sandwich, to which I rewarded him by opening his chip bag again. It was too funny!!!

No comments: