Wow! It has been since the end of June since I did any blogging. We have had some unfortunate extended family issues over the past few months that have made blogging not as important. About two weeks after our family reunion (my last post before today), my Aunt Judy became very sick. She is one of my dad's sisters. The middle child to be exact. After some strange symptoms, she and my Uncle Freddie decided to check things out. A brain tumor was discovered. By the time it was found, it was already 2 inches into her brain. Her family was told there was nothing the doctors could do for her and she only had about 3 months to live. The 6 1/2 weeks she actually had remaining proved to be a very poor quality of life for her.
My Aunt Judy passed away on Friday, September 17, 2010. 6 days before her 67th birthday. She left behind her devoted husband Freddie, her three wonderful children . . . Shawn, Michelle and Bradley and 4 sweet grandchildren . . . Cameron, Nathan, Emma and Addison. At the funeral, I was honored to be able to say a few words about her. It has all been very surreal and I still expect to see her at the next reunion. She will be greatly missed!
Her life is now in heaven, but her spirit lives on. She was a wonderful person who loved, laughed and lived a full life. She always told me how much she enjoyed reading my blogs and I will miss sharing them with her. Judith Marie Leftwich Storz . . . I love you lots and will remember you always.
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment