 |
| Kids riding the wagon/tractor that took us to the "lower patch" |
Yesterday we decided to go strawberry picking. We went to a local strawberry farm, picked out our basket/boxes and jumped on the wagon to head out. It had been raining the night before, but I had NO IDEA it would be as muddy as it was. The mud was so bad that Emily and I had to take off our shoes and walk barefooted! The kids did not like it at first and I thought this would not only be our first time picking strawberries, but also our last. As we reached the upper area of the patch, the mud was not as bad. This made the picking more enjoyable. We picked 18 pounds of strawberries. Did not realize we were picking that many :). We have made strawberry jam, strawberry Popsicles, smoothies and sugar covered--in just two days :). It ended up being quite fun and I think we will be back next year!
 |
| Emily and Lydia eating on the job. Ryan is the little guy bent over in the back of the photo. |
No comments:
Post a Comment