I emailed my mom prior to our visit. I asked her to find stuff for us to do that was cheap or free. :) She and my dad looked around and asked their friends and found some really neat places. We went to a place called Celebration Station. It was kind of like a Chuck E Cheese, but better. In addition to the pizza and arcade, there were go karts, putt putt, and bumper boats. It was great!!
Kids and Mike on the bumper boats. The "packages" that they offer are pretty good, but they were in even number increments. 2 people and 4 people. We often get screwed in this department. Apparently the package deal people don't realize there are families of 5. So, I sat out that day. Which was fine because I could take pictures. And, Mike is more of the ride person than I am.
The boats had little water guns in the front. The kids were able to spray each other. Mike got soaked!! :) Lydia sure knew how to use hers.
Emily and Ryan doing the water shooting thing.
Not sure if the favorite was the bumper boats or the go-karts. You had to be a certain height to drive the go-karts by yourself. Ryan and Emily were tall enough, but Lydia had to ride with Mike. This bummed her out at first (very understandable), but when she realized her dad was going to lap her brother and sister, I think she liked riding with him. :) She had her own steering wheel to use and really enjoyed it!!
Emily's little arms barely reached the steering wheel, but she did it on her own. She was great! She went a little slower and seemed to prefer it when people were not near her (the bumping that happened when they were close was not a favorite), but she did really well for being a 10 year old who had never done it before. Ryan was great! He had driven go-karts before so it was not a big deal to him.
Mike and Lydia zooming past. You see that smile don't you?
Getting ready for a race!
A little arcade fun.
Mom and Dad took us to Celebration Station. Well, we followed them there. I wanted my dad to watch Emily putt putt. Even though putt putt is nothing like golf, I wanted to see if he thought she might do well golfing. We are thinking about trying it this summer. We did both courses even though we were only supposed to do one. Shhhh. :)
Lydia did this and I asked her to do it again so I could take a picture. Reminded me of He Man. :)
We all had such a great time! At the end, Emily ended up with a bad headache and had to stop early, but she still got a lot of fun time in! We were there from about 2 until close at 9. We got our moneys worth for sure!!! Cool place!








No comments:
Post a Comment