 |
| Loki when he could fit into a tiny bed. |
Probably should have made these introductions earlier in the year, but this is Loki. He is our dog. He is a black lab/German pointer mix. We also think that he might have some Greyhound in him too. Not sure. Loki has been featured in some other blog posts, but I thought it might be nice to actually make introductions.
One of Mike's co workers were finding good homes for them when his dogs had puppies. I will be the first to admit, I was NOT interested in getting a dog! I am not a dog person. I am a cat person. I also got all the cat hair out of my house years ago when we were having twins and found a good home for our cat before we forgot to feed him in the chaos of three small kids. Who wants hair back in the house when you have managed to get rid of all of it? NOT ME!!
Well, I lost the battle. All three kids wanted a dog and the fourth kid (Mike) really wanted one!! We went to check out the puppies and had every intention of getting one of the two chocolate puppies. This little black one with three white speckled feet, walked up to me. ME! I picked him up and held him for a long time. The kids were immediately smitten with him and we decided to forgo the chocolate ones and "tagged" the black one with the three speckled feet as ours.
 |
| Loki and the little puppy brothers and sisters. Loki is the one at the top left with the little white feet. |
 |
| Emily didn't want to hold Loki by herself. So Mike held him and she put her hands under Mike's. Crazy. We had him for two weeks before she held him when he came home. :) |
 |
| Lydia and baby Loki. They loved it when they could hold him. He's too big to hold now. |
 |
| Loki's dad is on the left and Loki's mom on the right. |
The parents were both about the same size. Neither of them really big dogs so we felt pretty save in having a medium sized dog. Boy, were we wrong!! Our dog with the speckled feet, who had parents that were medium dogs, is 32" tall and about 70 - 75 lbs. Considerably bigger than we thought he would end up being! He also does not realize how big he actually is so running into things or smacking things off of tables, with his tail, is commonplace.
He turned a year old on September 27 and I have to admit, he has grown on me. I am quite fond of him even though he is much more hassle than a cat would ever be and he is so much bigger than a cat would be. He does enjoy going outside and running and walking where my cats would always go outside and suction themselves to the ground. So this is fun. However, cats don't typically chew up paper that they find on the floor or steal cupcakes, that are cooling, from the countertop--but he is pretty fun anyway.
He does want to be a lapdog and just can't be.
 |
| Loki sleeping with Mike |
 |
| Loki worked better as a lapdog several months ago. |
 |
| Loki sleeping on Ryan |
This past weekend, we went to see one of Loki's brothers. Two of Mike's co-workers got the two chocolate ones. One of them is named Hunter and we went to Hunter's house this weekend as his parents have a new baby. We could not get Loki and Hunter to sit still long enough to get a good picture, but Lydia took a movie of them and we were able to get a nice screenshot from the movie. Loki is taller and thinner and Hunter is shorter and thicker.
They played and played together for a long time. I do wonder if they remembered each other. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment