Thursday, February 2, 2017

Coaching Basketball

Who ever thought I would coach a basketball team?  NOT ME!  I offered to help coach a team and ended up getting roped into coaching it all together.  Emily wanted to give basketball a try this year.  I thought it would be fun to help out her team.  I don't know much about basketball and I know NOTHING about coaching!  So, I begged my friend Holly to come help me.  She did!!  Love her!  She even brought her daughter Emily along with her.  Our team didn't do too well as we were given the less skilled players--on purpose.  We had only two girls who had played before and only two, three at best, who even knew what they were doing--or were even the least bit athletic.  They all had so much spirit and while our team didn't win too many times, Emily really enjoyed it and is planning on trying out for the 7th grade girls basketball team next year.  Now, that should be a better experience.  I know she could do well if she had some guidance.  :)  She was even asked, by two mothers, to join a travel basketball team during the experience.  She must have something there.  :)


Holly coaching the girls for the next play.  L to R - Emily Sponagule (Holly's daughter), Ashley Hammer, Maryahanna Rothgeb, Allie Simmons, Ellie Benson, Emily Washington
I have decided coaching is not for me.  Will stick to volunteering in other ways.  :)  The kids deserve someone who knows what they are doing!


This is not a good picture because it was taken through a frame and I had to reach up to take it.  However, you can see our team.  One girl was missing that night, but she ended up leaving the team anyway.  Irritating.  Front Row-LtoR-______Hensley, Maryahanna Rothgeb  Back Row-L to R-Me, Ellie Benson, Emily Sponagule, Emily Washington, Allie Simmons, Holly Sander.
Hopefully the next basketball pictures I post will be of Emily on her school team next year!!  She played in November and December 2016.

No comments: