Monday, May 22, 2017

Show and Spell--Lydia's best show yet!

Lydia logged her third theater production with the group at Blue Ridge Community College this past weekend.  She was AMAZING!!  She played Eloise, the maid of a wealthy woman named Ms. Worthington and Ms. Worthington's daughter, Desiree.  All of the characters in this play were hilarious and ridiculous so each of the young actors were encouraged to go big as there was nothing too big for any of them.  Lydia totally embraced these instructions and made Eloise absolutely hilarious!!  MANY of the parents and people in the audience, when they found out that "the maid" was my daughter, they commented on how good she was and that she "stole the show" in some cases.  We were so proud of her!!!  I wish I had been able to film her parts as they were so funny!!!

Flash photography is not allowed in the theater.  I was fortunate enough to be able to go in on their rehearsal night and take some pictures of everyone.  I shared them with all the parents.  Here are some of our great actress, Lydia!!
There are typically warm up exercises done before each rehearsal and each time they perform the play.





Her expressions were so fantastic!



One of my favs!


Not wanting to go to the mall with Desire

Curtain call

Her BRCC Theater Program friends.  Olivia and Bridget (holding dog)

Her peeps--Penny, Adella, Lydia, Emily Sponagule and Emily Washington

Show program



No comments: