
In a post on January 10, 2009, I blogged about my nephew's (Mike's sisters's oldest child) going away party the night before he left for boot camp (If you click on "Cory Ours" under my labels you can see it). Cory graduated last week and is officially a Private, First Class (PFC) in the United States Marine Corps. Last night was a welcome home party for Cory. His parents (pictured--but I could not get a good one of them) hosted a potluck dinner and invited close friends and family. Cory was dressed in one of his uniforms and looked like a completely different person than when he left. Mike and I are very proud of him--especially Mike--Mike is not only a proud Uncle, but one who was a Marine himself several years ago and knows what Cory has accomplished. We were not able to stay too late since it was a scho

ol night for the kids, but before we left we got a family picture with Cory so we have a before and after shot. Of course we can't EVER have a nice picture with all of the family. I am no

t

sure why, but Lydia had to cry :). Congratulations Cory!! We are so proud of you and we know that your decision to be a Marine representing the United States of America was a good one! We know you will do great things!!! We love you!
Mike and my Dad were both Marines and I have always been very proud of both of them! The last picture is of Mike, in 1996, just prior to his graduation from Marine Boot Camp.
1 comment:
He sure has changed! It is amazing how quickly "kids" grow up. I am sure the whole family must be very proud of your nephew and the choice he has made to serve our country!
Post a Comment