Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ryan's First Trophy

Tonight was supposed to be Ryan's last t-ball game, but afternoon thunderstorms prevented them from playing. Ryan's coach had previously made plans for the team members and their families to go to Cici's Pizza to eat and pass out trophies. --All of the t-ball players receive a trophy. There is no score keeping, therefore no champions. T-ball is a great entry for kids to let them learn to bat and field. It was really nice that the entire league received trophies.-- Since they were not able to play the game, we met at Cici's at game time. Coach Nichol introduced each player and presented them with their trophy that had their name engraved on it. Ryan was SO proud as he walked up to accept his trophy. After showing it to Mike he sat beside me and said "Mommy, this is fragile." I said, "I know, it is fragile." "It's glass" he said. No idea :). When we got home he requested we place his trophy somewhere in his room that Lydia and Emily can't reach it.

In the picture with Ryan is Christian. Christian is a neighbor of ours. Ryan goes to his house two mornings a week and Christian's mom gets Ryan to school for us those days. This is a result of our work schedules.

Completely un-related to t-ball but very funny . . . I tend to find things funny that are really a "had to be there to think it was funny" kind of thing. Tonight, after leaving Cici's we stopped at Wal-Mart. Mike had to pick up a few things and I wanted to make a copy of a picture (which never happened, but that is a story for another time :( ). Mike took Ryan with him and Lydia and Emily came with me. Our Wal Mart has recently remodeled and I have no idea where ANYTHING is right now so our walk through the store to find the photo processing place was a long one. As we were walking I was explaining to the girls that Mommy had to make a copy of a picture and they must stay with me or they would suffer consequences. Lydia says to me "Ok Mommy, but Lydia and Emily (she sometimes talks about herself in the third person) need to go check something first and then we will come back to you." Trying to keep from laughing I corrected her and reiterated the consequence she would suffer if she went to "check on something first."







1 comment:

The Leals said...

Ryan looks so happy and proud of his trophy.Ohhhhhhhhhh so cute!