It is Thursday again. I have wanted my Thankful Thursday posts to be regular posts, but unfortunately it does not seem to have turned out that way. This week has been full of thankful things. It started out on Saturday, which I suppose was last week--who is counting though. On Saturday my family celebrated our Thanksgiving. With all the craziness of the Thanksgiving weekend, we never had the chance to do it. Mike had been wanting to try deep frying a turkey so we purchased a turkey fryer at a Black Friday sale. It was a great deal! To date, the turkey was the best we ever had!! So flavorful!! We had turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, sweet potato casserole, dinner rolls, gravy and pumpkin pie. We also made a ham--thought we would make one just in case the turkey did not work out. We sliced it up and put it away since the turkey was so wonderful!! It was such a wonderful time with Mike and the kids.
Tuesday, I experienced a first for me. I am part of the "Kindergarten Team" at Cub Run Elementary School. Our team decided to have a cookie exchange. I had never done one of those. Everyone made 2 dozen cookies (in some cases people made more) and we brought them to school yesterday so that everyone could make a plate of cookies. It was so fantastic!! You only make one kind of cookie, but you get to have a bunch for the holiday. Loved it!
Today is Thursday. This means tomorrow is Friday. Yet another wonderful thing to be thankful for. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment