Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Good to be back!

It has been nearly two years since I was able to post pictures on this blog.  I am not sure what happened or why I can now and couldn't then, but I am so excited that I can continue on with my blog that I so obviously use as a photo journal--and not a blog.

So many things have happened in the past two years!!  My kids are older, they are all doing new and different things.  We have lost loved ones and gained new ones.  Just yesterday I attended the funeral of an amazing young woman.  After another vehicle collided into her vehicle, head on, at 55 miles per hour, she suffered severe injuries and passed away a few days later at the hospital.  We thought she might make it for a while, but in the end she passed away.  She left behind two sweet little boys who are 9 and 3.  My twin daughters, Lydia and Emily, go to school with the oldest son.  They are in the same class.  It has been such a sad ordeal and has made me think about how sad it would for my girls and my 11 year old son to go through the remainder of their lives without me.  My husband is a wonderful father and I know they would survive just fine, but not being able to see them grow up or be able to see them graduate, get married, or just simply grow up.

I want to live to be an old person, but know that I may go earlier than I plan.  I am ok with that if that is what is in the cards, but I hope that my cards are dealt a little older.  Sara was a 35 year old woman who still had a lot of life left in her.  While I only knew her on the level of fieldtrip/school moms and baseball moms together, we did get to know one another and I will miss seeing her smiling face at various events.  It certainly brings things into perspective and makes you realize you should not be so complacent and passive about everything.  I can certainly learn from that lesson!!

The next few posts will be of some things we have done over the past two years.  I will slowly be adding more posts, but this will be a barrage of them in the next few days.  Of course I will not be able to cover everything we have done these past two years, but hopefully I will hit some of the highlights so that we can be aware of the very important things in live. 

No comments: