Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Paint Night

Paint Night!  If you have not participated in one of these, I HIGHLY recommend it!  I have been doing paint nights for about a year now.  I wish I could do one each month, but time does not allow that and it does cost money.  :)  Paint Nights are this trendy thing that people are doing where everyone paints with an instructor and everyone paints the same picture.  Small variations, but basically the same.  My first experience was with my former twins club.  The new MOMs who have taken over ARCMOM hosted a paint night.  My friend, Kara, and I went.  We painted a picture with two flamingos.  It was fun, but stressful.  We were next to two ladies who had clearly done this paint night thing before.  They were really good!  We had no idea what we were doing.  As a result of not liking our flamingo paintings, we decided we were going to try another one that didn't have animals in it.  Once I did that, I was hooked!  :)  It is such a stress reliever. I know that sounds weird, but even though you are stressing over your painting, you are ONLY thinking about your painting and nothing else. 

The picture on the left is the one that hooked me.  Loved it!  The one on the right was another one I did. Love them!!
My friend, Kara, went with me to the one on the right.  In addition, I asked two other friends of mine--Holly and Andrea.  They went with me too and loved it!  Holly and Andrea have gone to several others with me too.  We did the sailboat one together. 


Holly, Andrea and I decided we wanted to take our girls to paint one night.  We took them to an adult one instead of a kid one.  They loved it!  It is interesting how they don't stress about it as much as we do and are happier with their finished product than the adults are.  :) 


 Tammy really played up having kids at this one.  She called all four of them up front and told them to ignore their parents if their parents tried to tell them what they were doing wrong in their picture.  It was too cute!!




Lydia, me and Emily.  Our paintings.  The instructor was doing a stop suicide campaign.  Our paintings are hanging in the family room with the rest of them. 
We had a ton of fun that night!  We were in a pub so it was really funny to have our minor girls in a bar to paint.  We played it up.


L to R - My daughter Lydia, Holly's daughter Emily, my Emily, and Andrea's daughter Rylan.


I did one without Andrea and Holly.  My friend Julia was getting ready to move to Richmond and Lorrie and I decided to do something with her before she moved and this is what we did.  Now Lorrie is hooked too!!  :)  She has been with me two more times and has joined the Holly, Andrea, Stacey and Lorrie pack!


Julia, Lorrie and Me




This past weekend we tried it on our own.  Holly, Andrea, Lorrie and Lorrie's mom along with the kids, got together.  We found a picture of a snowman and painted it the way we viewed it.  No instruction. Just based it on what we have done in other "classes."  I think we do better with instruction, but really liked doing the snowmen!  It was really fun being able to talk more to each other since there were not other people in the class.  Like idiots, we managed to leave without getting a single group picture.  Here are our hanging paintings. 


L to R-Stacey's snowman, Lydia's snowman, Ryan's snowman

Emily's snowman
We had a ton of fun with them though and plan to do more just on our own, but we are going to use youtube instruction.  Youtube is so awesome!!  You should try a paint night if you have not already!!  I know you say "I can't paint anything."  Trust me, I said the same thing.  Still do!  I can't draw stick people.  There is just something about the way they explain it to you.  It just makes sense.



No comments: