When I was in school, I never received any type of academic award. I was lucky to get average grades by the time I was in middle school!! Somehow, I have managed to have kids who have done quite well in school!! I chalk my school struggle up to a few different things, but am hoping that knowing these problems can exist in my kids--we are ahead of the game at all times. I am so proud of what they accomplish. All of them! And hope it continues.
 |
| These were the Bronze Award winners. Well, the ones who showed up. Kind of sad that no more showed up than this. At least two of his good friends (Kendall and Andrew) showed up as they were awarded too. Ryan is laughing and therefore I didn't get a good shot. He almost forgot to stand for the picture he was laughing so hard. He had, had a weird handshake experience with the Principal just before this was taken. :) |
 |
| Shaking hands with Mr. Wimer (Social Studies teacher) while Mr. Disharoon (Algebra teacher) looks on. They were both really great teachers for Ryan! |
 |
| Ms. Saaed is putting Ryan's metal on him. She was his English teacher. |
 |
| Emily received the Gold Academic Award. So very proud of her accomplishments!! |
 |
| Ms. Matthews is putting the metal on Emily. Ms. Matthews was Lydia's math teacher. Ms. Pierson is looking on to Ms. Matthew's right. She was Emily's English Teacher. |
 |
| Lydia came up just short of a Bronze Award. Literally points away as a result of her Math grade. Ryan didn't quite make it in 6th grade either. I feel pretty certain, if she continues as strong as she is, she will be getting an award in 7th grade for sure! She was the only one who received perfect attendance. Ryan almost was one of the recipients of the Perfect Attendance for the length of time he had been at Elkton Middle School, but when he busted his knee in October of last year, he missed three days and it knocked him out of contention. :( Maybe High School will work out for him. |
No comments:
Post a Comment