This past weekend Mike, the kids and I went camping with my parents, my brother, his wife and my niece, Adella. We had a great time going to Natural Bridge Campground in Natural Bridge Virginia and spending some quality time with the family. The Natural Bridge Campground has a pool, playground, mini golf and a beach area with a swimming lake. My parents have been camping in their motor home for several years. Traveling across the country and staying at various campgrounds along the way. They were able to turn their motor home around to face ours so we could have our joint campsite. It was great! The kids had such a great time playing together and playing with their cousin, Adella. Mike made his campfire and we all sat around talking each night after the kids went to bed. It was a super time, and the weather was perfect! Can't wait to do it again.
We spent a great deal of time in the swimming lake. I have attached a movie clip of Ryan jumping from the dock/pier area in the middle of the lake. This pier was approximately 5 feet out of the water and the bottom of the lake was nowhere in sight. Mike jumped off several times and attempted to swim to the bottom and touch it. He was not successful. We had NO IDEA Ryan would actually jump when he said he would like to go out on the "deck." If either Mike or myself had bet money on whether or not he would do it . . . we would have lost:). We were so very proud of him!!! Ryan also finally figured out how to swing by himself! He had never really gotten the whole "pumping" thing with swinging. While there . . . figured it out! I think he is almost 5 for sure!!
I think this camping thing is going to turn out to be a really great memory maker for our kids! Both mornings they would wake up before Mike and I would. Ryan would get up and then wake up his sisters. They would all climb to the bed above the cab (Ryan's bed) and would play up there. Mike and I would hear them laughing and playing and pretending while up in the "cool bed" that is Ryan's:). It was great!! I hope one day my kids are blogging about their great memories of their childhood!
We spent a great deal of time in the swimming lake. I have attached a movie clip of Ryan jumping from the dock/pier area in the middle of the lake. This pier was approximately 5 feet out of the water and the bottom of the lake was nowhere in sight. Mike jumped off several times and attempted to swim to the bottom and touch it. He was not successful. We had NO IDEA Ryan would actually jump when he said he would like to go out on the "deck." If either Mike or myself had bet money on whether or not he would do it . . . we would have lost:). We were so very proud of him!!! Ryan also finally figured out how to swing by himself! He had never really gotten the whole "pumping" thing with swinging. While there . . . figured it out! I think he is almost 5 for sure!!
I think this camping thing is going to turn out to be a really great memory maker for our kids! Both mornings they would wake up before Mike and I would. Ryan would get up and then wake up his sisters. They would all climb to the bed above the cab (Ryan's bed) and would play up there. Mike and I would hear them laughing and playing and pretending while up in the "cool bed" that is Ryan's:). It was great!! I hope one day my kids are blogging about their great memories of their childhood!
1 comment:
Way to go Ryan!! I am glad you had such a great weekend. Mine was hilarious, but not in a totally good way. I'll email you about it later.
Post a Comment