I have this habit of introducing people to my husband multiple times. I tend to forget if I have introduced him to people that I know even if I have known them for years. Many times I have said "Have you met my husband, Mike?" and both Mike and the person I am introducing him to say "Yes, we have met several times." It has become quite the joke now:). I believe I have passed this trait on to Lydia.
Today I took the kids to the library in the morning and then we stopped by Wal Mart on our way home. While walking through Wal Mart, we ran into Lydia and Emily's Pre-School teacher. Before today I had not officially met her. I had seen her a few times last year while volunteering in Ryan's class and seeing her in the hall, but had not been introduced. We were on vacation during orientation so we did not have the opportunity to meet then. Lydia and Emily were very excited to see her and (Lydia in particular) began to dance around and became very giddy to see Ms. Warner there! After Ms. Warner talked to the girls for a while, I said
"You must be Ms. Warner. I am Stacey." and extended my hand.
She looked up from her crouched position and said "I am Therese" and extended her hand as she stood up.
Lydia and Emily were standing near her and Lydia said "This is my sister, Emily."
Ms. Warner said "Yes, I know. Remember, she is in class with us everyday."
I laughed so hard! I guess if you are going to pass something on to your child--make sure it is good manners :).
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment