
Thanks to one of our great neighbors, we had free tickets to the Monster Truck Show in
Fishersville Friday night. We are not big Monster Truck fans, but I thought Ryan would really enjoy going. Mike had to work so going as a family was not an option.

We were given 4 tickets, but felt Lydia and Emily would not enjoy it a

s a result of the noise. Once we arrived and heard that it was not as
noisy as I thought it would be. I think they would
have been fine. They ended up staying with my
parents and my friend Rabia and her daughter,
Frances (she is Ryan's age) went with us. Her little boy, Henry, tagged along too. He sat on
Rabia's lap and hung with us (wanting to sleep towards the end) really well the entire time. Plus, his admission was free :). Ryan and Frances really enjoyed the trucks! They both knew who Gravedigger was and I really pushed him liking Virginia Giant. This same great neighbor gave us a poster of Virginia Giant that I gave him the next day. VERY EXCITED!


Henry's "ear plugs" :)

We found that these shows have a lot of down time. The trucks themselves do not run that much. There is a lot of "entertainment skits" that are done between heats.
Megasaurus was part of the entertainment. It was a "transformer" that "ate" a car. Ryan LOVED it!!




We did not get back to my parents house until 11:30 and did not get home and in the bed until 12:30, but it was fun and Ryan was pretty excited to get his Gravedigger
pennant.
1 comment:
Cute! I am going to have to steal some of your pictures, since my flash doesn't work well enough to take pictures at night.
Post a Comment