Thursday, August 27, 2009

No More Babies

We decided to put Lydia and Emily into the Pre-K program in the public schools this year. Today was their first day of school. Ryan started 1st grade on Tuesday, the 25th, but I was at work that day and did not get to see him get on the bus. There is a picture at the bottom of this post that Mike took of him getting on the bus that day. Lydia and Emily happily followed Ryan onto the bus this morning and sat in his seat with him. As you know from last year's posting of Ryan's first day in Kindergarten, we live within walking distance of the school, but depend on the bus during work days. . . . so we ran across the subdivision and through the ball field to see the bus pull into the parking lot to let the kids off the bus. Last year I was not able to see Ryan get off the bus that first day, but today we were able to see all of them get off the bus and go in the door. In fact, the staff pointed us out to Lydia and Emily as they saw us standing on the hill. Guess it was good that they knew it was us and not some psycho people there stalking children :). We waived, but Lydia and Emily did not miss a beat--they kept walking and went right into the school. They take the Pre-K kids off the bus first and keep them separate for the first few weeks until they know where they are going and are comfortable with the goings on with everything. They then let all the other kids off of the bus and we saw Ryan getting off the bus and was able to get a picture of him this year.

After all this occurred, I thought about how great it was that they had Ryan with them. After all, they are only three years old. They will be 4 in a couple weeks, but still just 3. But then I realized, I put my 4 year old son on that bus last year by himself--he had no one! I guess they all do just fine in the end :). I can't believe all of my babies are in school. When does the crying stop? Lydia and Emily
Emily, Ryan and LydiaGetting off bus at the school
















Ryan's first day of 1st grade

No comments: