Friday, July 4, 2008

Memories


Having such great memories from my childhood makes me want to share all of these memories with my kids. Mike and I bought sparklers for the kids for the first time this year. We are very big firework fans and can typically see two or three firework shows from our house each year. We watched one show last night and two tonight. In addition, we pulled out the sparklers. I showed Ryan how my brother Paul and I used to light sparklers with our parents on July 4th and would write our name in the air with them. Ryan really liked the sparklers. Lydia and Emily (who is actually standing behind me) were not too keen on the sparklers and little fireworks, but enjoy fireworks that are far away:). I hope one day my children show their how they used to write their name in the air with their sparklers--of couse we have to get Lydia and Emily to actually hold one first:).

1 comment:

The Liebers said...

We missed the fireworks on the 4th because of rain and cranky kids. Now we are really glad that we held out and watched them at your house on the 3rd! Thanks for the invite and the great time!!