Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Uncle Paul





I have one brother, his name is Paul. He is three years younger than I am and for most of our childhood we had a pretty close relationship--as far as siblings go anyway. Since we have grown up, moved away from home, and started families of our own; we don't talk as often as we used to, but when the opportunity presents itself, we can talk for hours--and we do sometimes--just ask Mike:). My brother and I share some awesome memories from our childhood! I don't think we could have asked for a better one. I think my favorite memories are of our trips and vacations. Our parents would take us to Myrtle Beach every summer and we would play putt-putt and go to Old King Cole's for ice cream after dinner most nights. We loved the Water Boggan waterslide that is no longer standing and as little kids we really enjoyed making drip sand castles with our mom. In addition to the beach we went many other places throughout the years. We can both quote the movie Spaceballs and our favorite past-time is poking fun at our parents and our grandparents. I think there is some kind of unwritten law that states you have to make fun of those you love:). At times, Paul and I have been known to make fun of each other too. I can remember, as a kid, always wanting a sister. As it turns out, my parents did not care to have anymore children to make this happen for me. In the end I am glad. I love my brother very much and I think I will keep him:).
This past Sunday, after going to Arvetta's birthday party, we spent some time with Paul, his wife Allison and their daughter, Adella. Paul pushed my kids around the pool on Mom's swim chair (that was off limits to Paul and myself when we were kids--but the GRANDKIDS . . . . that is a different story). They loved it! Lydia and Emily are really taking off in their lifejackets now!! They both kick their feet, jump off the side, and move through the water without my assistance! Ryan is now swimming without his lifejacket and is jumping off the diving board!! We can't believe how brave he is. It was a great day!!

No comments: