Sunday, July 6, 2008

To Grandmother's House We Go

Both of my Grandmothers are still living. They both live in an assisted living facility (two different ones). One of my Grandmothers suffers from Alzheimer's. She does not know who I am, but still knows my dad from time to time. My Mother's mother still knows what is going on, but has health difficulties. Yesterday, I took the kids to visit her. My friend, Dana and her little girl Katie went with us. It was a really nice day. My mom's mom has 6 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren. I attempted to get the kids to sit with "G" (this is what her Great Grandchildren call her) and take a picture with her, but could not get everyone to cooperate at the same time. These videos came out better than any of the pictures I took so I thought I would share them. My Grandma is "playing pool" with the kids. They love taking the cue balls and roll them back and fourth to see if they can get them in the pockets. This enables Grandma to play with them and not have to get down on the floor--which she can't do.

Lydia also decided to show her show tune talents. Grandma's friend, Myrtle, came in to see the kids. She plays the piano. She and Lydia played the ABC's and Lydia sang. Myrtle kept trying to get Lydia to just sing and not play the piano, but Lydia insisted on playing the piano with her--Lydia's playing ear is not totally developed yet:).

1 comment:

The Liebers said...

I love seeing these pictures and videos and then mentioning htem to the kids at school. It's better than having eyes in the back of your head. Poor Ryan will always wonder if his teacher is watching somewhere!!